Thursday, September 20, 2012

Stay Focused!

In a world filled with distractions, one of the hardest things to do is remain focused. There's so much happening in our lives, so many things that cause stress or come under the guise of helping us relax but what they really do is take us away from the things that are most important.

One of the most important elements required for a Christian walk to be successful is focus. We need to know where we're going and why in order to get there. Our eyes must always be kept on Christ or else we'll begin to sink. Peter had a hard time remaining focused when he was walking on water with Christ. I don't blame him, the waves were moving all around him and in the middle of his walk it must have suddenly dawned on him that he was walking on water! I'm pretty sure that the devil had a hand in whispering that to him, providing a distraction just long enough for Peter to shift his focus.

It has always been super easy for me to lose focus, I sometimes joke and say that I have the attention span of a mosquito. Doesn't matter what I'm doing, if a butterfly passes by me, it's going take my attention and probably keep it for a little while, just long enough for me to forget what I was doing! Needless to say then, that my Christian life has suffered a bit because of this lack of focus. God has spoken many promises to me over the years and I always tend to forget them when they are most important. When you forget the promises, you forget why you are doing what you are doing and it becomes easy to lose hope and faith. That's what makes focus so important.

My encouragement to you is to keep your eyes steady on Christ, remember his promises, cut out the distractions that will cause you to forget why you are doing what you are doing. Sometimes you just need to step away from the noise of social networking, committee meetings, and even family. Steal a moment for yourself , bask in God's presence and let him remind you of what's important. Don't lose focus, it's the worst thing that could happen to your Christian walk.

Stay Focused!

Joana James - Author of From Redemption to Maturity,   Nightmare at Emerald High & Alana and Alyssa's Secret & Finding Romeo 

No comments:

Post a Comment