Friday, June 1, 2012

Laziness - the Killer of Dreams

Laziness is even more dangerous than procrastination, even though they are very closely linked. A lazy person will procrastinate until nothing gets done.

I've suffered with laziness quite a few times. There are many times I just don't do certain things because I'm too darn lazy to get off my butt and do anything. Laziness is a killer of dreams. Laziness will ensure that you'll go through life doing just the bare minimum. Laziness does not innovate but rather waits to be told. Laziness thinks that someday "I will" but hopes to never have to do any real work. Laziness also deteriorates the quality of our work. We don't bother to go over what we've done a third time because we're too lazy to bother. That means that typos are left in place, stuff is left incomplete and then we complain that "nothing ever goes right" for us.

Ah, Good old laziness. Another way for the devil to ensure that you never go anywhere. As a child, my mother always used to tell me that "a lazy person does not eat." I'd like to change that to say, "A lazy person may eat, but they'll never gain any weight". You may go through life lazily and get a job, work nine to five, drive an old car and live in an old house, but a lazy person never really prospers. A lazy person never really advances. A lazy person is way too lazy to think of ways to improve not just their financial status, but themselves. They're content with never changing their bad habits, because it's just too much work.

Wow, laziness really is dangerous. Whilst writing this, I was certainly convicted to get over my laziness....I hope you were too.

Even King Solomon Agrees with me!

Lazy people are soon poor; hard workers get rich. 

Lazy people irritate their employers, like vinegar to the teeth or smoke in the eyes. 

Work hard and become a leader; be lazy and become a slave. 

Lazy people don’t even cook the game they catch, but the diligent make use of everything they find. 

Lazy people want much but get little, but those who work hard will prosper 

Take a lesson from the ants, you lazybones. Learn from their ways and become wise!

Have a VERY PRODUCTIVE day! 

Joana James - Author of From Redemption to Maturity,   Nightmare at Emerald High & Alana and Alyssa's Secret  

No comments:

Post a Comment