Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Intimacy

Jesus makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! Say that sentence out loud. Feels kind of corny doesn't it. Now think about it, is it true? Does the thought of your saviour stir a tingling in your spirit? Does thinking about the last time you spent quality time with him make your heart sing? Can you even remember the last time you spent quality time with him?

This morning I woke up and started my day the way I usually do, in prayer. In the midst of it, I had that feeling I usually get when I'm talking to someone of the opposite sex that I REALLY like. My insides tingled. Wow. I was thrilled. For me, that meant that my relationship with God was growing. That meant that our intimacy level was getting stronger. That meant that I was truly in love with the one person who would always give that love back. For me, that was something amazing.

So I challenge you today, what's your intimacy level like? Does God make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside? Do you desire to spend time with Him the way you desire to spend time with your significant other? Do you miss Him? Do you miss His presence? Do you miss His voice? Do you recognise His voice the second you hear it?

Do you?

Joana James - Author of From Redemption to Maturity,   Nightmare at Emerald High & Alana and Alyssa's Secret & Finding Romeo 

1 comment:

  1. Ooh how i love tlking to God, im so comfortable that i can be myself, he knows everything and i can be real with him although i do long for a deeper connection with him.....Great post though!! Noone else is like him..he is indefinable!!

    ReplyDelete