Friday, February 15, 2013

God is on your side

I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me. Psalm 16:8 NLT


Have you ever had a bible verse stick out at you so much that you just can't get it out of your head? I read this yesterday as part of my morning devotions and even after moving on to today's devotions it's still ringing in my head.

One of the things that keeps us going is the knowledge that our God is always with us. It brought David great comfort when he needed it and it brings me comfort every day.  I always say and I will say again, my life would be totally unbearable without God. Just knowing that God has your back is enough to keep you going in a difficult situation.  Suddenly, life has meaning even when you're all alone. Suddenly, you're no longer in despair. Suddenly, an impossible situation seems possible.

Knowing that God is right beside you keeps your faith firm. It's when we forget the trouble starts and the devil likes nothing more than to help us forget.Like David, let us find comfort in knowing that God is right beside us. Let us bolster our faith and remind ourselves that we've got the only person we should really be afraid of on our side.

This is my word of encouragement to you today. Have a great day with God on your side.

Joana James - Author of From Redemption to MaturityTrusting God with your Future,   Nightmare at Emerald High & Alana and Alyssa's Secret & Finding Romeo 

No comments:

Post a Comment