Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Lives of Honour

Revealing God's character and His presence through your life is one of the fundamentals of Christianity. The very name by which we call ourselves means "like Christ". This means therefore that our lives must pattern after Christ.


So, do our lives reveal the character and presence of God. Can somebody look at us and see Christ's love displayed in our everyday actions, words and temperaments? You see, our biggest testimony here on earth is not what we say, but rather, what we do. We are constantly being watched. I know that in my everyday life, at home, work and everywhere I go, people are constantly examining my behaviour simply because I have declared myself a Christian. I know that sometimes that examination is simply to find my every moment of weakness and amplify it for ridicule, but even that is a testimony. Since we serve the God who is in charge of the universe, our reactions in the face of adversity should display that. God has our backs and when we're backed into a corner, or have been made very angry, we should remember who our God is instead of reacting like the rest of the world.

The rest of the world needs our lives to be an arrow pointing to Christ because lets face it, most of them will never just read the bible on their own or attend one of our churches even though we invite them a hundred times. Our biggest testimony is the way we live our lives because it's what people see and relate to.

So today, let's begin by making a conscious effort to let our lights shine, not by preaching on street corners, but by living lives that will bring Glory and Honour to His name. My goal is that people will start coming to me begging to know how I got through a difficult situation with poise, or how I was able to remain calm when I should have been frantic, or how I'm still alive when I should be dead. That is the biggest opener for sharing God's love with anyone.


“You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden. No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father.

Matthew 5:14-16

May God bless you and be with you today!


Devotions like this one and others can be found in a handy collection in Kindle or paperback format. 
To grab your copy, click here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment