Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Little Things

Have you ever had an instance where God did something so simple for you that it just melted your heart? Well, today, I had one of those occurrences. I was late for church and really rushing. I had a piece the worship dancer's garments and only ten minutes to make the twenty minute walk to my church. I grabbed my stuff and dashed out of the house in a frenzy.

Less than two minutes after I left the house I stopped in mid step. I had the nagging feeling that I'd forgotten something - my cell phone. I took me less than two seconds to decide that I wasn't going back for it, so I started walking again. I took only one step before noticing something brown and white and wet hitting the pavement in front of me. I stopped and looked up. There was the culprit, a tiny bird sitting on an electrical cable quite contently after littering the pavement with its excrement. Immediately, I realized that if I hadn't stopped for those two seconds, I'd be directly in the line of fire when that bird relieved itself. Considering I was wearing a brand new white dress today, that wouldn't have gone well. I'd have to return home to change, and been even later for church.
So what, big deal. I avoided being hit by bird doo-doo. Well, yeah, it's a big deal because that bird reminded me of how much my God actually cares about me. As I passed the bird I began to ask myself how come I'd forgotten my cell phone. That's when I heard the voice, loud and clear "you didn't forget your cell phone, it's in the pocket of your bag, but I had to say something to make you stop, or else you'd be covered in bird poop."

Yes folks. That's the God that we serve. He cares about the things that concern us, even the little things like bird poop on our new white dresses. God shows concern for us in every area of our lives. There's no circumstance that he considers too small for Him to intervene. As you go through life, don't hesitate to call on Him for the small things. He loves you and he's concerned about protecting EVERY aspect of your life. 

Be Blessed. 

1 comment:

  1. Great stuff Mel! Reminds me of that Cece Winans song "He's concerned about you".

    ReplyDelete