Saturday, December 22, 2012

New Year's Resolution? Or Procrastination?

Do you make new year's resolutions? Once upon a time, I did. I wrote them down, stuck them on my mirror and declared all the wonderful things that I would do in the new year. That is, until I realised that making a resolution is a very fancy way to procrastinate. You see, making a new years resolution means that you are actually saying "I am going to wait for the new year to actually make any changes in my life". It almost gives you a get out of jail free card for this year, this month, this week, today. It means that whilst you're planning for next year, you can ignore this year. It's an easy way to say, I don't quite feel like doing the necessary stuff now, so I'll wait till next year to do it.

So, I stopped making resolutions. Instead, I began to concentrate on making real changes to my life; now. Who says that on December 22 you can't decide that things need to be different and start making the change now? Why wait nine days to do something you can do now? What if you're told that you won't live to see the next nine days? Will you still decide to wait to make the changes you believe need to be made to the way you live, or think or act?

Procrastination is the killer of dreams, destinies and Christian lives. Don't let it make a casualty out of yours. By all means, declare some things over your 2013, but don't wait till it gets here to get things moving.

Be blessed!

Joana James - Author of From Redemption to MaturityTrusting God with your Future,   Nightmare at Emerald High & Alana and Alyssa's Secret & Finding Romeo 

No comments:

Post a Comment