Saturday, January 26, 2013

Thanking God for your past

Sometimes we look at our past and recall certain situations that make us cringe. We all have shameful moments in our past that we wish we could simply forget. For some of us, it's so dark and horrible back there that we make forgetting a daily past time. We go about our days trying to blot out every reminder of the things that caused us pain.


I've found a new use for my past though. Hidden among all the messy parts that I'd like to forget, is a treasure trove of  reminders of God's grace, love and faithfulness. You see, with each situation that I went through, I came out of it. Sometimes victorious, sometimes only half-standing, but alive.

Some things made me stronger whilst others made me wiser. I learned to trust God with seemingly impossible situations. I also learned that even in my messiest moments, God's grace could still find me. My past still reminds me of how stupid I was, but I consider that a good thing, because now I'm reminded that I need to trust God with each decision that I make.

So now, I thank God for my past; not for the messy situations, but for the opportunities to learn something. I also thank Him because he did a pretty good job of stepping in for me over and over again.

I hope today that you too can find moments in your past that remind you of God's love, grace and faithfulness.

Be blessed today.

Joana James - Author of From Redemption to MaturityTrusting God with your Future,   Nightmare at Emerald High & Alana and Alyssa's Secret & Finding Romeo 

No comments:

Post a Comment