Sunday, January 13, 2013

Don't be Timid about saying No!

Lately, I've been making some changes to certain areas of my life whilst evaluating others and I've noticed something  Those who know me well will tell you that I'm anything but timid, strangely though, many things have gone wrong in my life because I've been extremely timid.


See, I have a pretty big mouth and I'm not afraid to use it but somehow when it comes to saying no to certain things that I know are destructive, I'm pretty weak. I get afraid to offend friends by saying no. I tend to be afraid to step out and make the decisions that I need to make. So why then would somebody with such a big mouth be so intimated that I'd be quiet and do the wrong thing?

It's simple. The devil knows our weaknesses and he exploits it. Because I have a big mouth, in the past I've offended many people, so now I tend to shy away from speaking to quickly or out of turn. I'm scared that I'll be perceived wrongly and recently, my reputation has become very important to me (maybe too important).  That also means that I'm scared into submission. Fear is a crippling thing. It takes you places you never thought you'd go. As an adult I'm a victim of peer pressure, simply because I'm afraid. That fear has crept into other areas of my life, areas where it is much more dangerous.

Wow.

Recently, I made a decision to no longer be timid about saying "no" to the things that can destroy my life. Being timid about saying no really means you're saying yes. With what God wants to do in your life, being timid or scared is not an option. We need to be forceful with the enemy and let him know in no uncertain terms that he's not allowed to scare you into submission. Last week we talked about being brave and stepping out, this requires the same about of bravery and follows closely on it's heels. When faced with compromising decisions, be brave, not timid. Don't allow yourself to be backed into a corner. You are a child of God, be determined to not be caught being afraid to say "no".

Make a decision to no longer be timid about saying "no" to the things that can destroy you.

Be Blessed.

Joana James - Author of From Redemption to MaturityTrusting God with your Future,   Nightmare at Emerald High & Alana and Alyssa's Secret & Finding Romeo 

No comments:

Post a Comment