Monday, May 21, 2012

God's Will leads to Success!

If you will obey me, you will have plenty to eat. Isaiah 1:19(NLT)

Ever wonder why many of the things you've tried to do in your lifetime have not worked? I've been there, tried many things, quit in the middle of some because I got frustrated when the results were not promising. The truth is, for  a long time, I was just doing stuff that came to mind. Young and adventurous, I never really stuck to a plan and most importantly, I never asked God what HIS plan was for my life.


You see, we all may do stuff, maybe even plan stuff out, but until it lines up with God's plan for you, it'll more than likely fail. When God created us, He had a purpose for doing so. Even though you were born out of wedlock, or even if you parents didn't plan for you, or even if you were the result of rape, God still has a plan for you. He knew about you since the beginning of time and there are certain things that He set in order for your life. Until you are walking in that divine order, you are not walking according to the purpose and destiny that He set out for you. So often, you'll find yourself trying many many things and not feeling satisfied doing any one of them, even though they seem mildly successful. That's because you're not doing what you are supposed to be doing. You haven't found your fit.

Now how is it that you find your fit really? The only way I know how is to have an "in" with the Planner Himself. He knows the plans and the only way you'll know is if He tells you. But guess what, He'll only tell you if you're his friend. Being His friend means that you must have a relationship with him. Now, this goes beyond salvation. When you become born again you are an immediate child of God an He puts his plans for you in motion, however, salvation and relationship are not the same. Relationship must be worked on. It requires constant talking, walking, holding hands and spending time together. As you build a relationship, you learn the voice of your partner. When they call, you recognise it immediately. I'll bet that if any of you married folk out there is told something about your husband/wife, based on their character, you'd know if it were a lie or not. Same thing with God. After spending time with him, learning Him, you learn to recognise the things that are not of Him and the things that don't line up with His plans for you. Amazing right?

So back to our initial scripture up there, It says, "if you obey me, you will have plenty to eat". I take that to mean that if you do as God says, you will be successful in your endeavours. Success usually leads to food on the table doesn't it?

I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb. Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as my prophet to the nations. Jeremiah 1:5(NLT)


Joana James - Author of From Redemption to Maturity,   Nightmare at Emerald High & Alana and Alyssa's Secret  

No comments:

Post a Comment